Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:26:27

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> Landing at the correct airspeed also helps (too fast and a bounce is
> guaranteed). Even after 200 hrs I still get a frequent bounce on landing -
> Carl
> G-LABS

Heck, I still get a bounce after 800 + hours.  Actually I find it more
of a small skip than anything these days.  If I get the main and tail
wheel down at the same time, it will skip a little if there is any
flying speed left.  If I get the tail wheel down first, the I get one
of those greasers that lets get out of the airplane with a dopey grin
on my face.

Actually I used to find my Comanche a bit of a handful to squeak in.
After I was flying the Europa for a while and got a bit more bit more
disciplined about speed control I found I started landing the Comanche
much better.

Cheers,  Paul