Europa-List: Rotax Flydat

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax Flydat
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 23:34:27
On firing the starter motor for the first time to check the oil pressure
after priming the oil system, my Rotax Flydat screen went blank, then
after turning off the starter motor it cycled through the initial
start-up screens twice before returning to the normal display. This
happened repeatedly on running the starter motor.

Can someone with a flydat tell me if this is normal? And if not normal
does it risk damaging the unit if it is caused by sudden voltage
changes? Should it be switched off when starting the engine?

Thanks,
Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.