Re: Europa-List: sanding filler

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sanding filler
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:21:19

Paul McAllister wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Slightly off topic, but I am curious as to what most people did for
> the there final sanding.  I used 400 grit, and the final paint finish
> was nice, although I noticed over time that sanding marks came
> through.
>
> Someone suggested to me that I should use 600 grit, but I wondered if
> this would cause paint adhesion issues.
>
> Paul

Hi Mate
in my own humble OP nothing wrong with sanding lines as long as they are
in line with the boundary layer flow ;-)
You could put some dirty oil over the whole airframe, go flow for half
an hour at the best cruise speed, take pictures then sand all over with
1200 grit in those directions. You might get a few extra knots cruise
speed. (probably would imho)  More or less what the glider
fundamentalists do.
Graham