Re: Europa-List: polyswitches

Subject: Re: Europa-List: polyswitches
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:26:40
There are pros and cons.
Nothing beats the reliability and speed of fuses, but they are inconvenient
to replace. Circuit breakers are more convenient although less reliable, but
is a happy medium. Polyswitches are useful in unreachable areas, but are
slower to trip and sensitive to ambient temperature.

It depends on what you are trying to protect.  If you are trying to protect
your electronics from surges, then polyswitches are probably the least
favorable. Your electronics would probably be fried before the switch trips.
But in mechanical drives and motors they could be ok.