Re: Europa-List: Tannkosh and Mode S requirements in Germany?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tannkosh and Mode S requirements in Germany?
From: Frank Kusserow <frank@kusserowonline.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:56:22

Dear All,

I plan to fly to Tannkosh with my D-EJWD (Classic Mono, 912UL) as well.
Mode S in Germany:
You need to have mode S in Airspaces C, C above FL100, D (Control Zone), and
Transponder Mandatory Zones (TMZ) otherwise Mode C or A is just fine for
Flight Following with FIS.
My A/C is not equipped with any kind of transponder so far, but I will have
the VT-01or GTX328 in use by that time.
For the latest news, Notams (Special VFR Notams!), International Flight Plan
etc. you can register for free under www.dfs-ais.de (english language button
on top right) and view all the current informaton about the German airspace.

Regards from Germany,
Frank