Re: Europa-List: Taxi test videos

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Taxi test videos
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 20:17:24

Jos,

And a Happy New Year to you too!

Good to hear from you.

Yes, we are quite happy with the progress to date.  There is an issue
with the rudder pedal attachment on the pilot side.  That's going to
take a week or so to fix.  Then I am redirecting the tail wheel drive
cables.  My idea of running them out the sternpost isn't working well
at all.  I'm in the process of running them in a straight line out the
sides of the tail to the tail wheel.

The fuel problem was encountered the first time we actually tried to
fill the tank from the fuel pump.  I was carefully running fuel into
the filler hole and things seemed to be going quiet well.  Suddenly,
there was a huge fuel gyser that must have dumped a quart (250 ml,
probably all the fuel that was in the filler neck) of fuel into the
door and down into the well behind the passenger.  Fuel all over.
Found out that the vent is the limiting factor on how rapidly you can
put fuel into the tank.  Fueling is a slow process

Those door-close slings are necessary to ensure the rear bolt-shoot is
engaged.  Really can't close the door without using them.  So the end
up inside when you close and properly latch the door.  We'll have to
see how they work over time.

Thanks, still a couple more weeks till first flight.

Best regards,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(99.999% done) Essentially complete.  Running Tests & Final Inspections.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117