Europa-List: Silicone Radiator Hose

Subject: Europa-List: Silicone Radiator Hose
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 01:30:28

Paul,

I have been using the blue silicone heater hose for several years now without
issue.
While I do not have the spring type clamps I found that slipping heat shrink
tubing over the standard worm drive hose clamps works a treat.  Without
the shrink tubing you will run the risk of the clamp cutting into the silicone.
Additionally, I used heat shrink tubing over the end of the silicone hose to
minimize any chance of chaffing from the clamp.  Finally, as I concerned about
the hose kinking as it came up and over the top of the engine I wrapped the
outside of hose in that location with safety wire in a loose spiral then covered
it with shrink wrap to keep it in place.

Also, I know of one other builder that used silicone vacuum line with great
success.
Both items are available at:

http://www.paragonperformance.com

Regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Click here for free information on nursing degrees, up to $150/hour
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbu0vDKdYORnAPlOjhWoO5WAOiEiV1nHPreLv1T2gtxsdsBbR/