Europa-List: Anyone have an aft mounted Odyssey PC535 or PC545?

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone have an aft mounted Odyssey PC535 or PC545?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:59:48

Anyone have an aft mounted Odyssey PC535 or PC545?

What motor you have?
What size cables?
How old is battery?
How has battery performed?
Does battery have a metal jacket?

I am considering one of these batteries for aft mounted XS monowheel 914 install
with CCA #4 cables. I have new style starter (more torque and less amp draw).

535 and 545 is lighter than 625 (12.0lbs + 11.7lbs compared to 13.2). Aluminium
wires will save ~ 1 pound over #4 copper tefzel from ACS.

Since battery is not in engine compartment I don't think I need a metal jacket.
Please set me straight if you think a metal jacket is a good idea.

Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org