Re: Europa-List: Coolant leak fix from Kim Prout

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant leak fix from Kim Prout
From: Kim Prout <kpaviat@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:53:20

Hey Paul! How ya doin there? Anyway, I was reading the thread about the
coolant leak at low temps and I remember a slight problem also. I don't know
what Rotax version you have but the more recent models are supplied with
spring type bands that just go on with pliers. Those are OK. The original
type clamps were just regular jubilee types and could not compensate for
expansion and contraction with temperature changes. I replaced mine with
Oetiker constant tension types that can maintain the proper clamping
pressure no matter what the material and temperature differences. I
eventually replaced the coolant piping from the water pump to the cylinder
heads with a high grade silicone line available from automotive parts
stores.
Check out the Oetiker site, they are worldwide but also have an office in
Mariette Michigan where I was able to contact a sales rep who comped a
series of clamps for my project. I ended up using the series of small clamps
for the fuel system and have never had any leaks there either.
Hope this helps!
kp