Europa-List: Revised Europa Specifications

Subject: Europa-List: Revised Europa Specifications
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:23:45
Thanks Ira for your table. I believe it requires some explanation: what
do the colors mean? Are all figures at full throttle?  If not, at least
one parameter (altitude or temperature) is missing.
Can you clarify please?

Remi

I think Rotax is using a sleigh of hand, inconsistently using a moving
target for power output.  The engine is advertised as 100 hp, and
only in fine print does one see a 5 min max duration for the rated
power.
Therefore I was using the advertised power rating in my table, which
I enclose below.  I can put 75% of max continuous power in fine
print on the table.  The table is a simple model, but I find it useful
since
I lack a dyno to test with.