Europa-List: Flap & Aileron attachment/detach

Subject: Europa-List: Flap & Aileron attachment/detach
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:27:08

Gentlemen,

I'm wondering what the sequence is for attaching and detaching the
ailerons and flaps once the aircraft is complete. Having trimmed the
bolt embedded in the inboard end of the aileron and fitted the flaps
(including the inboard extension), I can't for the life of me see how
one can attach the aileron to the wing with the flap already installed.
For that matter, it appears to me that an aileron cannot be detached
---From the wing with the flap in place either in the retracted or
deployed position.

It appears that ailerons must be attached first, and then (and only
then) the flaps can be attached in the deployed position.

So my question is: If (for some reason) one would desire to detach an
aileron from the wing, must the flap be detached first?

(That seems to be the case for me, and I'm wondering if this is SOP or
if I've screwed up somewhere along the line.)

Thanks for any comments from your experience,

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.