Re: Europa-List: Mod 58

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 58
From: Rick Stockton <aireupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:09:23

Lead in paragraph on Mod 58
An incident occurred to the company demonstrator aircraft G-GBXS where one
of the TP16
anti-servo/ trim tab drive pins became detached due to the plate it was wel
ded to fracturing. The
aircraft was on the ground when the failure occurred, probably during engin
e starting, and the
resulting behaviour of the aircraft in flight was to pitch nose up. The pit
ch up force was containable by the pilot and a circuit and landing was succ
essfully flown.
The fracture was established to have been caused by fatigue due to repeated
 bending of TP16=A2s plate.- The bending that this plate had been subject
ed to was likely to have been in excess of normal due to ibrations caused b
y an engine starting problem. The aircraft had completed 426 hours of fligh
t which included 895 take-off and landings. It is important that the cause
of unusual vibrations, for example engine starting problems or an unbalance
d propeller, are resolved at the earliest opportunity.