Europa-List: www.EuropaOwners.org

Subject: Europa-List: www.EuropaOwners.org
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:18:02

Hello Folks! long time no type,
I've begun the process of rebuilding EuropaOwners form the ground up.
The site has become a little long in the tooth and is in need of a major
upgrade.
The Gallery software runs on a flat text based filing system that is now near
it's limits. Forum software is extensively modified and support for the old
code is beginning to trail off.

Anyhoo, not to worry, phpBB3 and Gallery2 have been released....
It's just a matter of jacking up all the text and photos on the site and
changing
every line of code that makes it run. : )

I have hit one snag though, M2f the software that threads Matronic Listserver on
the site does not work with phpBB3. (We are working on that though).

Here's the question.. Is that the major feature of the site for all of you users
out there or should we go with the new site and concentrate on the Gallery
making
it more searchable and more closely tied to the users?

Here's a peek at the new site:
http://www.europaowners.org/Test/index.php
The menu bar will take you to the Forum. The Gallery is listed under links.
Your user name and password should log you in. If you post in the forum or The
Gallery be advised that I could reset at any time for testing....
The test site is completely separate from the old site so don't worry about
breaking
anything.....

Chat later,
Steved