Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912UL perfermance and fuel figures

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912UL perfermance and fuel figures
From: David Buckley <wooburnaviation@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:23:25
Marcel,

I had a 912 UL trike, and support what David Joyce (G-XSDJ) said.  I would
recon on doing that trip in a single tank of fuel, even with headwinds.  I
used to fly longer distances at 107 KIAS, as that seemed to be the "sweet
spot" in terms of minimum vibration, and I have a lot of "mechanical
sympathy".  I was burning 15 litres an airbourne hour at gross weight
(1370lbs)/625kg) using unleaded petrol.

Hope that helps, and good luck with the trip.

Ps In the past I have diverted to Le Touquet (LFAT), Ostend (EBOS), and
Brussles Charleroi (EBCI, I think).  All have been more than helpful, and
not to expensive.

Dave Buckley