Europa-List: RE: Heaters

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Heaters
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:09:47
Bud

I have looked at your heater and it is in principal the same as mine and
many others.  That is taking the warm air off the rear of the water
radiator.  Mine is fitted but not operational (fire wall phenolic is bolted
over the outlets of the SCAT tubes)

The reason for this is that Francis Donaldson (LAA) insists on a fire stop
valve at the point were the tube passes through the fire wall.  One builder,
Mike Parkin, has made up some very expensive petal valves to achieve this.
See attached.  I am still looking for a cheaper and simpler solution to
these valves.

Obviously US regulation is not the same as ours.  What are your thoughts on
a) the need for fire stop valves and b) a simpler cheaper  way of achieving
a fire stop?

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com

  _____