RE: Europa-List: autopilot

Subject: RE: Europa-List: autopilot
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:04:12

Mike and others

I will know the cost of the arms in a week or so.

The Mod application covers the Navaid, TruTrack and Trio SINGLE AXIS (Roll)
only.  I started by doing the TruTrack but Andy asked me to do it as a
generic mod for all three.  This means that the old Navaid mod (10507) will
be replaced with this version.  The continued use of the Navaid Servo with a
new head (Trio) is (from memory) covered.  The mod also refers to (rather
than repeats) the LAA document "LAA Inspection Checks LA/IC-APWL".

I am aware of two owners waiting on the approval, one TruTrack and one Trio.
If anyone wants a copy of the draft Mod let me know.

As you say turnaround of Mods with the LAA can be very slow.  This is
particularly true if they are not holding up someone's permit to test.  I
have chased Andy again this week.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com