Re: Europa-List: Elevator Trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Elevator Trim
From: Malcolm Ferguson <malannx@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:36:52

Kingsley Hurst wrote:
> <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
>
> Just wondering if anybody has installed the trim wheel available at
> www.PerihelionDesign.com/moreproducts.htm  second item down the page.
>
> If so, would be interested to know how you have found it.
>
> This device turns the electric MAC elevator trim from a time based
> control to a positional control like in Cessnas etc.
>
> Cheers
> Kingsley in Oz

I would endorse the 3rd product down which I believe is in the trim
wheel product.
I have one on my Esqual and the finesse of control is brilliant. It will
adjust the trim that finely that you can hardly see the trim tab move.
Before fitting it was nearly impossible to set the trim accurately as
the motor would overrun past the required setting. I also use the last
products on the page to control heater vents-again brilliant.
Regards,
              Malcolm Ferguson  Esqual VH-ECO