RE: Europa-List: Berube conventional gear

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Berube conventional gear
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:09:59

Hi Bill=2C

I made good use of the mono-wheelbay: But first I modified the instrument m
odule by making a recess in the mid-section=2C as a lot of space behind the
re is just wasted. This then makes room for the fingerbrakes on top of the
tunnel (non-standard mod) and a few other gadgets=2C and leaving room for a
 large clip-on lid on top of the tunnel. The bottom of the bay and the fron
t bulkhead are made out of lexan. So I have a window for aerial photography
=2C and an easy inspection of the nosewheel suspension. I have easy access
to the fuel and brake lines=2C and coax cables and rudder cables=2C all of
which are attached to the interior walls.I even have the controls for the g
lider wing airbrakes in there. I use the extra space mainly for keeping my
maps and other flying gear.
This winter I am modifying the floor window so that it can be opened. So I
could lob a few handgranades if I felt like it.

Karl
> Date: Mon=2C 17 Nov 2008 13:26:57 -0500> From: wilwood@earthlink.net> To:
 Europa-List@matronics.com> Subject: Europa-List: Berube conventional gear>
net>> > Thanks for the on and off line replies. Bob has sold 15 conventiona
l gear mods in US and some more worldwide. The monowheel space is rather la
rge to waste. How have you converted the space for use?> Thanks=2C> Bill Mc