Re: Europa-List: Antenna routing without effecting pitch trim indicator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Antenna routing without effecting pitch trim indicator
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:33:15

It also helps if you tune the antenna prior to using it.=C2- Standing wav
es tend to go back down the outer shield, so a mistuned antenna is more lik
ely to create problems than one that is properly tuned.=C2- You should no
t use the rudder post antenna unless you have done so.=C2- The Europa kit
 ships with 4 toroids and they may also help.=C2- If you are in Europe, t
he Club has an SWR bridge for loan.=C2- The taill post antenna is really
a nice solution.=C2- I am also installing a second vertical dipole antenn
a in mine for amateur use just aft of the baggage bay.=C2- I am running t
he coaxial cables (two VHF antennas and one transponder antenna) down the s
tarboard side of the fuselage and the electrical wires (strobes, elevator t
rim) down the port side.=C2-

Jim Puglise A-283