Europa-List: Berube conventional gear

Subject: Europa-List: Berube conventional gear
From: William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:02:23

Hello group, after retiring, moving, traveling and a 3 year absence I am coming

up to speed back working on my Europa again.  This is my first post in the
matronics
system.

I am just finishing installing my Berube conventional gear mod.  I am dealing
with
the subsequent re-setup of the flap operation, i.e., deciding on electric or
mechanical
actuation.  I am leaning toward mechanical.  And how to make use of my now
unused
monowheel open space.  The gear is raked about a foot and intended to be raked
forward
but Bob Berube told me it might be acceptable to put the rake rearward.  I will

have to evaluate each positions stability and tendency to ground loop.  The gear
is one piece and hangs just below the fuselage so should be fared in.  I believe
I will develop wheel pants.  I know this is a somewhat general question but I am
asking for suggestions (or pitfalls) and maybe pictures from those who have gone
before.

Thanks,
Bill McClellan
Jabaru powered 164XS