RE: Europa-List: Carburator Heat and Drip Pans

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Carburator Heat and Drip Pans
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:31:11
Hi! Troy
My 914 came from Rotax with fabricated trays ,not the cast rounded ones.
Probably they'd be easier reshaped and welded. Being fabricated may well
be cheaper than the cast type anyway.
BTW I have no carb heat with my turbo/intercooler combination and I've
never seen the carb throat temperature below 6 deg Celcius even on a
long power off decent in humid typically icing conditions. However 912S
installation may be quite a different situation.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG