Europa-List: Carburator Heat and Drip Pans

Subject: Europa-List: Carburator Heat and Drip Pans
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:52:35
Hi Europa Dudes and Dudettes,

At Sun N Fun I bought a set of drip pans for the carbs. They're the round
shaped ones that many of the Rotax parts sellers have. Then I decided to
take the plunge recently and install the Skydrive carb heaters. And, as I
kind of knew, they don't play well together. Has anyone had this combo? If
so, did you cut the drip pans and add some material to make them fit
together or make new ones from scratch. It would, IMHO, take some fancy
aluminum welding to add 3/4" or so. So I'm open to suggestions. Too late to
send the carb heaters back, but at the same time I need drip pans. Cut and
find an aluminum welder or make from scratch. Oh, one more question:
Wouldn't stainless make better drip pans and heat shields anyway?

Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Seats, engine install underway, some wiring.
Weaverville, NC USA