Europa-List: Monowheel Landing Gear Question?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel Landing Gear Question?
From: Jeffrey J Paris <jeffreyjparis@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:20:53
Dear Listers,I have a question about the monowheel landing gear. =C2-I am
getting ready to mount the landing gear and my kit #A012 came with the bunge
e cord set-up. =C2-I also read in my directions that in later kits past 19
96 are using some sort of dampener, which I would assume to be a shock absor
ber of some sort.Which is the best way to go in terms of handling and second
ly maintenance? =C2-I have one simple bungee in my Zenith CH601XL, however
, I have already had to replace it in 230 hours and 3 years of flying my pla
ne. =C2-It basically was a pain in the rear to replace due to the fact tha
t you have to completely drop the nose wheel to get at replacing the bungee.
 =C2-I guess what I'm getting at is that all that looping of the bungee co
rd gives me the willies in terms of future replacement and wear issues.Is th
ere some off the shelf MOD that would be better? =C2-I wait with great int
erest for your expertise.Cheers,Jeff and Peter ParisRochester, NYKit #A012 "
Gladie"Monowheel Classic

Car Rental
Click here to find the rental car that fits your needs.
http://tagline.excite.com/fc/JkJQPTgLXyq5tuoZH5tIDHkhT0nVr1KzUl1Kb5EQOk6CWNR
LFxEbSJ/