Re: Europa-List: Cooling & Cowling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling & Cowling
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 01:50:46

Is it possible to have a NACA on the top of the cowl that would have
some type of drain system that could handle rain when parked, or in
flight ?
[/quote:4340d7261f]

The standard air inlet is far from waterproof during flight, me thinks. But yes,
I think it is possible to have a drain system on a naca duct, especially when
it is sloping upwards, like it would be on the front of the upper cowling. That
is, while it is parked. During flight it would be different, but none of the
Europa inlets is waterproof during flight, so we won't loose anything with
the naca duct.

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org