Europa-List: Fuel drain kit

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel drain kit
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:49:37
Hello Jerry

The supplied drain kit (Mod 33) has one inconvenience: due to the length
of the hoses from the tank to the drains, you must drain a lot of fuel
before actually draining fuel from the bottom of the tank. One mod to
the mod I made was to modify the fittings and use 4 millimeter hose
instead of 8 mm. Therefore the dead volume is reduced by a factor 4 and
the purging is more likely to be effective. Moreover, with the high fuel
price we are experiencing now, there is some economic value to this
change.

Remi Guerner

I just got the fuel drain mod and was wondering from those that have
gone
before me if there are any little tricks or quirks to this install?
Thanks