Re: Europa-List: Boiling fuel due to underpressure?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Boiling fuel due to underpressure?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:42:49

[quote:08514aa99f="air.guerner at orange.fr"]Frans,

Sorry to confirm you are wrong!
The fuel pump is unable to supply 120 liters per hour and 15 PSI at the same
time.
The pump performance curve suplied by Rotax (914 Install Manual, paragraph
14.4.1, page 50) shows that the pump is able to deliver only about 90 liters
per hour at 15 PSI (relative pressure). Should you need 1,5 bars/22 PSI
(relative)
then the flow would have to be restricted to 55 liters per hour. Should you
need 1,75 bars/26 PSI (relative) then the flow would have to be restricted
to 20 liters per hour.

[/quote:08514aa99f]

Somehow you make the assumption that giving more power causes somehow the
regulator
to change its pressure setting?
I agree that the turbo changes the pressure somewhat if you get over the 100%
stop,
and then you may be right, the fuel pump needs to work harder. However, up
to the 100% level, the pressure in the airbox should hardly change. In this
range, the power lever should have no influence on the fuel pressure needed, and
hence not affect flow.

Of course I will let you know what happens once I'm able to start the engine.

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org