Europa-List: Fuel filters

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel filters
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:57:18

Hi Ira,

In France, the only two accidents we had with Europas were due to fuel
filter blocage. The two aircraft were destroyed and one pilot was
killed. The many cases where the engine was restarted after switching to
the back up filter are not reported in the statistics. I believe the
Europa supplied filters may be acceptable for a 100 HP normally
aspirated engine, but the 914, due to the high fuel flow through the
filters (around 100 liters per hour) must be regarded as a 500 HP not a
115 HP engine.

Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

Can you point me in the direction of documentation of the "high number"
of accidents or incidents involving fuel filters?