RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:35:01

Hi Rob

"I can't take advantage of thermodynamics (isentropic throttling) to
> provide a good chill to the ID of the insert in situ."

Sure you can. Heat everything, then chill insert with something cold. You
may have some propane or freon laying around??

When reaming a thin wall tube, especially with weld, you can easily not
cut as you think you may. The reamer will can go in but not size the hole.

I will turn a few sized go no-go gages and run them in bore and figure out
if insert may need adjusting or if the bore needs adjusting. Easy to do,
threaded 1/4-20 rod with a turned washer with various ODs and run them
through bore.

I will use wet PPG DPLF as primer/lubricant for insertion.

Ron Parigoris