RE: Europa-List: Mod 72

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 72
From: Rob Housman <rob@hyperionef.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:13:08
I'm envious.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, CA

Europa XS Tri-Gear

A070

Airframe complete

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
jimpuglise@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:54 AM
Subject: Europa-List: Mod 72

I just completed Mod 72 and I can't believe how easy it was.  The reaming
took no more than 5 minutes, I kept the inserts in the freezer overnight,
heated the reamed pieces, applied ACF-50 to the inserts and in they went.
It took two taps from a US made hammer to move them the last 1/2 inch or so.

If you lay the inserts beside the reamer, you can put a mark on the shank
with a felt pen indicating how deep it must go.  I marked it so, excluding
the tapered end from the measurement and it went to that depth with no
problem.  Blew the swarf out and in they went.

The whole process took 20 minutes or so.

Jim Puglise, A-283