Re: Europa-List: Monowheel designs... any others out there?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel designs... any others out there?
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:52:36

Garry wrote:
> Examples of monowheel designs have been proposed as follows:
>
> Schleiker K14............is a motor glider
> Glassflugel...............is a glider
> Schempp Hirth............is a glider
> DG Flugzeughbau...........is a glider
> SZD...........is a glider
> U2..........I was unable to determine if it was a monowheel or not
> ASW.........I was unable to determine what it was
>
> The only real airplane I've found is the Fournier RF 3,4,5, etc.
>
> Garry
U2 is definitely a monowheel/taildragger
Harrier is a  monowheel nose dragger
btw most gliders are very real airplanes, many of them will cruise cross
country faster than a C152 as long as the sun shines
far too many "real??" airplanes have too much built in headwind.
btw 2. the mind is like a parachute, if it ain't open it's no use