RE: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment /control column

Subject: RE: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment /control column
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:53:25
That a Europa needs more leg room, not head room, is a conclusion I came to
some years ago.  I also concluded that lowering the position of your heals
helped.

To do this I have LAA Mod 10665 (which is this aircraft only).  The drawing
attached will give you some of the details.

By slight changes to the pedal geometry (shortening them or changing the
lever arm) you can get up to 33mm of extra leg room which gives a huge
improvement.  This can be done on a completed aircraft but is a lot of work.
Having the lowered floor and changed geometry will give say 40mm of extra
room.

If anyone is interested I have a CAD drawing with the layout used.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com