RE: Europa-List: Adjusting the tailplanes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Adjusting the tailplanes
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:53:49

Hi! Dan
Can't help with the adjusters but I recall 8 years ago finding out that
Andy Draper wanted 1 deg more than the 12 deg in the manual and wouldn't
do the first flight test until I got it to 13 deg. actually by grinding
away the balance weight "up stop". I think the adjusters mostly only
change the range of operation to the control stick (may be wrong here)
but I think the limiting factor is always the bump stop of the balance
weights at the top and bottom.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG