Re: Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: This gaping hole (nose gear)
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:04:26
Chris,
The kit below is just right for the Europa.  Put the aluminum on the
inside.  I have used other mat insulations and covered it in stainless
sheet.  I'm really proud of the stainless one but at three days of
cutting and fitting, I don't recommend it for those who want to save
time.  This kit allows you to put the 4 pieces in (2 sides, top and
back).  Put the back in first, then cut the sides and top.  Ted Coberly
of Flight Crafters showed me a trick of cutting the sheets 1/2 inch
longer where they butt and then trim off the insulation and aluminum
---From the back where it overlaps and then wrapping the corners from the
sides and top.  Takes a lot more time and planning, but is pretty, and
well sealed. Cut your stainless and make smooth round transitions from
the hole to the fuselage bottom and cover the edges to show off your
craftsmanship.

Reference to A/C Spruce
5. FIREWALL 2000
KIT<http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/firewall2000kit.php>

Contains 24 x48 sheet of Firewall 2000 and one tube of Firewall caulk.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/firewall2000kit.php<http://
www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/firewall2000kit.php> - 0.6kb

Bud

Custom Flight Creations