RE: Europa-List: Mod 59 - Nose wheel shimmy damper

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 59 - Nose wheel shimmy damper
From: Rob Housman <rob@hyperionef.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:58:13

Pete:

It was not a question, but a "heads up" to others who may find the pin
difficult to remove.  The procedure
http://www.europa-aircraft.biz/pdfs/modifications/Mod%2059.pdf involves
using a spacer ring to push the bushing upward, in order to make room for
the o-ring, by using the nose gear fork assembly as a pusher.  In performing
this operation that infamous pin would otherwise be in the way so is must be
dealt with in some fashion.  Covering the pin turned out to be much easier
than removing it.

And, yes, the pin is required in order for the shimmy damper to actually
damp.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, CA