Re: Europa-List: fire extinguisher

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fire extinguisher
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:47:05

Danny,

when airborne, Halon is your one and ONLY possibility in the case of fire.
Normal "on the ground use" is illegal but aviation use is still legal.

CO2 and powder types will kill you ( + powder spoils your panel etc!!!).
Water-fox-type -extinguishers are also not very practical.

There was a great article of that question this year in the magazine
Sport Pilot or Sport Aviation (USA EAA). Maybe some
American could find that article and let us know the main facts.
If not I wll do it.

I fitted my (little) bottle between centre console and P2 backseat.
Always visible and easy to find and use.

Raimo from Finland
OH-XRT