Europa-List: Re: Garmin

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Garmin
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:10:59

In a message dated 8/16/2008 3:06:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes

Hi David,

Although I'm not familiar with your particular Garmin, I have a Garmin  250XL
installed in my Europa. The 250XL has a provision to allow remote toggling
of the active and standby COM channels. I would imagine yours does  too. I have

this feature wired to a button on my left stick. The input  requires a
momentary ground from the switch on the stick grip to toggle the  channels.
Early

on, my Garmin started doing what you describe, toggling  between active and
standby channels. It seemed to have a mind of it's own.  Turned out that the
switch in my Ray Allen stick grip had gone bad. It was  intermittently grounding

the toggle wire to the Garmin and was causing the  errant toggling of the COM
channels.

If you have your radio wired this way, that could be the culprit.

Good luck with this and your trip!

Anyway, hope it helps!

Regards,

John  Lawton