RE: Europa-List: Radio gremlins

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Radio gremlins
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:37:47

David=2C

I don't want to ruin your weekend and I hope you find a solution locally. M
y transponder failed last year and had to be shipped to the factory in Oreg
on. They charge a flat rate of $ 400 plus the shipping.
They also provide a 'loaner' foc=2C but again you pay for the courier cost.

Karl
matronics.com> Subject: Europa-List: Radio gremlins> Date: Fri=2C 15 Aug 20
djoyce@doctors.org.uk>> > My nearly new Garmin SL30 which has previously wo
rked fine=2C today in the air > started refusing to change frequency. It wa
s as though it had decided to > stick to just one working frequency and jus
t one standby. Changing the > standby saw it change back to the starting on
e over the next second or two. > Changing from the active to the standby wa
s followed by it changing itself > back to the previous active. This is a p
otential disaster as I am due to fly > off to the Black Sea (fortunately th
e West bank of it!) on Wednesday=2C and > the avionics experts at RGV Aviat
ion are off on holiday.> The SL30 is linked to a Blue Mountain Efis to disp
lay VORs & glide > slopes=2C and potentially to share frequencies=2C but th
e radio behaved the same > when I switched off the Efis.> Any thoughts woul