Europa-List: Re: Europa - roll control washers etc.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa - roll control washers etc.
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:05:50

>The nature of the interface between the AN bolt heads and the
>bearing surface IMHO warrants the use of the AN960-10L washers

Fred - I agree with your assessment. I think the manual is in error
in omitting them.

Why is it that my technical queries always seem to arise about noon
on a Friday, just after John & Roger have gone off for the weekend?

>As for the greasing of the bearings, I did not have your presence of
>mind to raise the question of what kind of grease to use and used
>regular automotive axle grease. Subsequently I've seen posts which
>purport that such grease soaks into and expands the tufnol to cause
>unstated problems...I hope this does not come back to haunt me

I thought I'd seen something like that, but couldn't dig it out. Hope
we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your message.

regards

Rowland