Europa-List: Re: Safety matters including stall and AOA warning units

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Safety matters including stall and AOA warning units
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 04:11:48

Folks,

I have been busy. You can now see a demo video of the SmartASS
being used on approach. It's simulated, but real. By that I mean that
the video has been captured from a computer flight simulator but the
audio is being produced by a real SmartASS unit being fed the simulated
airspeed and G.

The simulation aircraft is a wallowing pig (aka C172), something I never fly in
real life (I hope the real thing is nicer to fly!)

In the video, I deliberately pull back sharply to demonstrate how the SmartASS
can detect the increased wing loading before the airspeed has dropped
significantly.

The video is 11MB in size and probably plays best if you first download it
to your computer and then play the local copy (saves my bandwidth too).

The URL is: http://www.smartavionics.com/smartass-videos.html

Cheers,

Mark

Read this topic online here: