Re: Europa-List: Oshkosh, Europa & People

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oshkosh, Europa & People
From: TIMOTHY PHILIP WARD <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:15:41

Jeff,
Sorry to have missed you at Oshkosh. Caught up with
John Wigley who very kindly took me for a fly. Arrival
at Oshkosh was a little more dramatic then yours. They
had a F22 Raptor doing low level circuits so we, with
2 others had to circle at 300ft off the end of 18R.
John handled it well. Caught up with Lance Sanford,
Don Heath and missed Paul McAlastair which was my
fault. Great show. Came 7000 miles with Gavin Lee
(another NZ Europa Builder)and was disappointed not to
see a Europa booth. However, must hand it to the
Americans, they know how to organise and run a
wonderful airshow. Hopefully catch up next time.

Regards,

Tim Ward

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street