Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger

Subject: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:45:24
After first assembling the outrigger along w/ the Club mod, when I
deployed the flaps (and outrigger) for the first time and heard that
resounding "THOWONGK", I truly marveled at the precision and complexity
of the mechanism, particularly the way the flap deploys an additional 2
degrees to ensure lock-down of the outrigger wheel.

But as I read of the operational issues (airspeed at deployment, wear
and tear, lubrication, effects of temperature, etc.), I've had an
increasing appreciation for the value of the microswitch-warning lights
which some builders have installed.

I gotta admit that I am challenged by all things electrical, so I would
humbly ask that someone...someone who can handle wiring diagrams,
warning lights, microswitches, and a digital camera (while skipping
rope and chewing gum at the same time)...please, put together an
illustrated tutorial (in crayon) showing just how this is done.

Fred
A-194

--
believed to be clean.