Re: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger
From: Jhleuropa@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:46:27
My Europa monowheel has been flying since 99 and initially I had three
incidents of an outrigger failing to latch which in the first two incidents,
resulted in minor scuffing damage to the outrigger leg. On the third  occasion,
managed to recover early in the event by applying maximum  aileron.

Thorough inspection,cleaning, relubrication and testing with A/C jacked  up,
failed to reveal any reason or reoccurrence.

Since then, I always plan to deploy the gear around 70Kts in one swift and
positive movement, with a bit of a thump no less, and have not had a problem
since. A bit basic but it seems to work.

Hope this info is of some help.

John Lace.

G-OJHL  350 hours