RE: Europa-List: Reenforcement of baggage bays

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Reenforcement of baggage bays
From: Rick Stockton <aireupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:45:43

  Thanks, Graig, but I was writing about the very first lay up.  The bid in the
box.  I did one by trying to lay it up with one big sheet of bid.  Because the
bid is a flat sheet it took some doing to get it in the form of the box.  I
had to cut the four corners.  I then lay out the two sheet on a wax paper
design.
I then put this into the other baggage compartment.  It quickly became a
big mess.  I know I have some air bubbles, but I could not work them out.

  I'm thinking that I need to cut the bid into three pieces.  One long piece
from
the tunnel to the fuselage side then the front piece and back piece.

craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au> wrote:
      I did Mine by doing the cloth wet out on plastic sheet and then transfered
it to the tubs, cutting and trimming to get a good fit, one face at a time,
and then
  the bottom last, with about a 50mm overlap I did the ply wood the same way and
then carefully stuffed it all with plastic shopping bags to keep some pressure
on the layups in the really tight corners the bags dont stick and can be easily
removed after care, this gave me a nice finish that almost looks like its
been vaccum bagged