Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax carb heaters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax carb heaters
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:34:13

On Jun 27, 2008, at 4:46 AM, Carl Pattinson wrote:

> The Skydrive ones seem to be problem free and do not affect engine
> performance. They are left permanantly turned on so require no
> management like conventional carb heat systems.

You will want to install a simple on off 1/4 inch fuel valve on the sky
drive carb heat coolant line. Before I did that my carbs were boiling
fuel on hot summer days. Now I just pull the small knob under the panel
if I want carb heat. The sky drive system works great. Just don't leave
it on all the time if you taxi in hot weather on the hot tarmac.
Regards

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 127 hours and finally cooling nicely.