Europa-List: Re-routing coolant lines, 914UL/3

Subject: Europa-List: Re-routing coolant lines, 914UL/3
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:57:15

Cheers,
        I must revise the water circuit lines from the cylinder heads of #1
and #3 to the reservoir to accommodate the SD-20 alternator. This involves
re-routing 17mm water tubes rearward which in turn requires swiveling the
applicable bent tubes through the sockets on the heads by loosening the
M6x20 Allen screws.
        If you have done this (I am a tyro) what precautions do you take to
re-position and tighten the Allen screws on the sockets holding them?
For examples, kindly see the WATER CIRCUIT, NEW STYLE and the CYLINDER HEAD,
INTAKE MANIFOLD, FILTER parts diagrams.
        Thanks, Ferg Kyle