Re: Europa-List: stall warning problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: stall warning problem
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:50:09

>I've got a stall warning system installed in my europa "N108EA" and
>I cannot get it adjusted

Scott & Corky - did you get the correct template for your wing with
your Mod 61 kit? The positon of the stall warner hole (and thus the
shape of the template for locating it) differ depending on the
circumstances.

I'm not sure if Classic (foam wing) and XS are different, but I think
that installation at build is different from installation after wing
completion.

I am building a XS wing, and had ordered the stall-warner kit for
incorporation before wing close. The template that came with it was
marked BL52.5 and clearly wouldn't fit properly unless positioned
much further inboard. It should have been BL102. Roger at the factory
agreed that the wrong template was then being supplied in the XS
pre-close kits and sent me the correct one.

I imagine that if the hole in the LE is not correctly positioned it
could make it impossible to get the sounder adjusted. If it is not
close enough to the stagnation point then the pressure will not
change in the expected way.

Of course, I'm just theorising as I haven't yet build a fuselage to
hang my wing on ...

Another question that occurs is - is the stall-warner tube completely
free of leaks and obstructions all the way to the sensor? Disconnect
the sensor and check that you can blow through it - and that if your
lovely assistant blocks the far end that you can feel the resistance
to your blowing.

regards

Rowland