Re: Europa-List: Lightning bonding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lightning bonding
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:31:46
Not sure thats a terribly good idea.

The lightning will take the path of least resistance and probably travel
through the aileron push rods and accross the fuselage (where the
control rods pass within an inch of the fuel tank !!!!)  If the current
is high enough, the alloy pushrods will melt like a piece of fusewire.

If you dont believe me, read this. It is a sobering story - The
Dunstable glider lightning strike.

Not sure if there is an easy solution.