RE: Europa-List: wheel nuts

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wheel nuts
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:43:46

I DID RTFM and......
the other figure quoted in my manual is 17.25 KGf/m which is still what 125
foot pounds
I did however just look at the manual online and it reads 1.725 kgf/m so it
would seem that
my manual is WRONG which is after all why i queried it. :)

As for the nuts, mine weigh in at 4 grams each and are NOT magnetic, so it
they are NOT
aluminium I would love to know what they are. To me they have all the
appearance of being
hard annodised aluminium, same as all my flared line fittings, given the
colour is imparted
during the process (if they are annodised alloy) they could be any colour
really.

RTFM !

It is 150 INCH pounds !

And the nuts are brass coloured; definitely NOT aluminium
or even aluminum !

When in douibt follow the manual - and read it several
times at different times with an open mind :-)

Richard Holder

Checked by AVG.
6:26 PM

Checked by AVG.