Re: Europa-List: Tailplane torque tube troubles

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane torque tube troubles
From: Belinda Glover <belinda@gloverb.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:00:32

  --I had to replace a torque tube during a rebuild. Could not believe
that the nickel plating is hand removed to fit the tailplane bushes and
the assembly is then sold as a set as new. Fine until you need a new
torque tube when you find it wont go through the tailplane bushings. 2
loose bearings in the tailplanes later after the cautious use of a
flapwheel on an extended drive shaft and I gave up on rebuilding any
more Europas.

  Hope that helps
  Gary McKirdy