Re: Europa-List: Comm Antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Comm Antenna
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 21:25:22

Hi Jim,

I tossed the GRT supplied harness and used a pair of shielded cables.
I seem to recall that I used a 4 core and a two core.  Any how I
grounded one end back to my central ground point, and for each cable I
used a small toroid.  I was able to get an addition loop through each
one although it was tight.

My suggestion is that you try the same for your ELT wiring.  I know
that you mentioned that you were already using toroids, but try an
extra loop through for each wire, and add a large one over the whole
cable.  If that doesn't work, replace the 4 core flat telephone cable
with a 4 core shielded cable.

I have a bunch of toroids left, let me know if you would like me to
toss a few in the mail.  BTW, I am using a Bob Archer antenna.  It
isn't much better, lots of stuff goes nuts when I transmit.

Cheers,  Paul